British Council and BFI present 8 new UK features
The GREAT8 showcase 2022 will present eight new UK feature films from some of the UK’s most exciting emerging filmmakers to international distributors and festival programmers. Two of the films have been selected for Cannes launches - Enys Men by Mark Jenkin in Directors’ Fortnight, and Charlotte Wells’ Aftersun in Critics Week. The other six films are in post-production.
This year’s showcase will take place online on 12 May in the run-up to the Cannes Marché du Film (17-25 May 2022,) and made available to watch across five different time zones. All of the features will be available to buyers during the Marché.
Now in its fifth edition, the GREAT8 showcase is funded and run by the BFI and the British Council, in partnership with BBC Film and Film4.
The films featuring in the GREAT8 2022 line-up are:
- Aftersun (director/ writer Charlotte Wells)
- Birchanger Green (director/writer Moin Hussain)
- Blue Jean (director/writer Georgia Oakley)
- Enys Men (director/ writer Mark Jenkin)
- A Gaza Weekend (director Basil Khalil)
- Kensuke’s Kingdom (directors Kirk Hendry, Neil Boyle)
- Scrapper (director/writer Charlotte Regan)
- Sweet Sue (director/writer Leo Leigh)
Find out more about the GREAT8 line-up and read the full film details in the press release here.
Image: Aftersun dir. Charlotte Wells, in GREAT8 and screening in Critics Week at Cannes